Review: iRobot Roomba 805 vs 860
When looking for the right vacuum cleaner, choose robotic vacuum cleaners. These cleaners get the job done efficiently. They can save you a lot of effort and time. One such brand to invest on is the iRobot.
They have been making reliable robotic vacuum cleaners since 1990. Two particular models to invest on is the Roomba 805 and 860 models. Check out our detailed comparison of the Roomba 860 and 805 to know which one to go for.
iRobot 805 Review
The Roomba 805 vacuum has the iAdapt Navigation feature. This is equipped with multiple sensors. The sensors allow easier navigation of your home.
It has the AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System. This feature delivers up to 50% more cleaning efficiency than a standard vacuum cleaner. One of the best features you can get is the AeroForce High-Efficiency Filter.
This promotes good indoor air quality. It gets rid of up to 99% of particulate matters. This Roomba is also completely programmable. It works using long-lasting lithium-ion battery. At 8.4 pounds, it is a lightweight machine that you can easily use.
- Price is just right. You might even be able to get amazing price deals
- Quiet functions. You can operate it without disturbing the household.
- It is easy to use. You can program it. You can also just press the Clean button.
- Gets under taller furniture with ease
- Can get under thinner rugs without getting caught or tangled up
- Long battery life and easy recharging functions
- Once power runs out, it docks itself and automatically recharges
- Works well in picking up pet dander and human hair
- It works on different floor surfaces like wood, vinyl and laminate
- When the dustbin is full, it gives a signal
- If it gets caught, it will “tell” you to move it. It also beeps but not continuously.
- Doesn’t work quite well in the cluttered area.
- You might need to move foot stools and small tables out of the way and pick up small objects first
- It can get caught up in thicker/plusher rugs and power cords
- It’s not a replacement for a heavy-duty hand-held vacuum cleaner
- It might miss odd corners and spots
- The filter chamber and the filter itself are small so they will require repeated cleaning
- You might need to divide the cleaning time if you are cleaning a bigger room
- It might bump into furniture. Best remove vases on top of small tables or place a padding on the robotic 805 to avoid damaging furniture
Over-all, the Roomba 805 robotic cleaner is a good vacuum for cleaning tile floors. This is based from over-all reviews. It won’t replace more powerful vacuum cleaners.
However, it does a great job in getting rid of dirt and dust on the floor. It also works in cleaning corners of the room with minimum help. It allows you to have more time to do something else.
You can do your dishes or play with your kids while your iRobot works for you. It’s a great buy if you have medium-sized rooms to clean. If you don’t have a lot of clutter in the room, this will work well.
You might need to pick up clutter first before using it. Doing this will prevent your cleaner from being stuck. Most people with pets recommend this vacuum cleaning robot in their customer reviews.
It’s effective in getting rid of pet dander. Be sure to check the manual and the features first.
iRobot Roomba 860 Vacuum Cleaning Robot Review
Key Features: This cleaning machine also has the AeroForce 3 Stage Cleaning System that is found in the previous model. It allows better cleaning system through its powerful motor and debris extractors.
You will also find the iAdapt Responsive Navigation system in this cleaning equipment. It allows effective navigation of your home, even under your furnitures such as sofas and beds.
The spinning side brush makes it capable of reaching all corners of your space. With its self-charging system, the vacuum cleaner can charge itself without outside help. It weighs 13.5 pounds.
- One of the most affordable Roombas you can find out there.
- It has similar features to more expensive models
- Can clean better than the upright or hand-held vacuum cleaner
- It works with different flooring materials
- It’s very easy to set-up. No complicated programming is needed.
- The manual is easy to understand.
- It can get out of tight spots with ease
- It actually knows how to get rid of jammed small objects like hair ties
- Might not require the use of a remote control (but completely up to your preferences)
- Long-lasting battery. It can last for up to 2 hours
- It works well in picking up human hair, even longer ones.
- Has a separate receptacle for hair and pet dander.
- It’s easy to get rid of collected hair or pet dander.
- Quite durable
- Will require more intensive maintenance
- You will have to periodically check the dustbin and the filter to ensure that they get emptied out
- Not as reliable when cleaning a bigger room
- You might have to do some supervision if you have a cluttered room with cords or have hairballs from pets around
- Will still require maintenance and cleaning like most vacuum cleaners
- The virtual wall you can get with this might not be as useful as you might think. Just save yourself the extra costs.
Customers have mixed feelings about the price. Some people find it too expensive. Those who have used the Roomba 600 series say this is pricier.
But others say it’s more affordable than the iRobots and other vacuum cleaners they have tried. If you are looking for a capable cleaner, this is a good option.
It has effective cleaning properties. It does take some time to maintain. You need to clean the brushes and filter and get rid of pet dander.
If you have a very dirty floor, you might find yourself stopping every 10 minutes or so to empty out the dirt bin. The bin is small so it gets filled out quickly.
It’s not a vacuum cleaner you can just leave since it requires some level of supervision. It can get tangled up quickly. But in general, it is a reliable machine that does a good job cleaning floors.
Verdict: Roomba 806 vs 860
iRobot Roomba 805 vs 860 – which is the winner? The features of the Roomba 805 are not that different with the features of the 806.
Even the customer reviews from those who purchased it are not that different from the reviews for the 806. The price of the Roomba 860 is more accessible than the 805, making this a much better option for people on a budget.
Based from the Roomba 805 features and the over-all reviews, we can definitely surmise that it does a better job in cleaning more than the 860. It’s a close match but we can confidently pick the 805 as the one that offers more value for your money.